|Season 1, Episode 17|
|Air date||October 21, 2008|
Lulu Day is the seventeenth episode of the first season of Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. In this episode, Kai-Lan and Lulu are having a special playdate together, but they end up playing with different things. They soon learn how to compromise their playing so that they can enjoy their playdate.
Kai-Lan recieves a picture of her and Lulu playing together, showing that Lulu wants to have a special playdate with her. Kai-Lan decides that she wants to give her a present, so she makes something that she loves, a pinwheel. She tells the audience how they blow at a pinwheel, and teaches them how to say "blow" in Chinese. Lulu shows up with a present for Kai-Lan, a dinosaur necklace, knowing that she really likes dinosaurs.
Words in Mandarin Chinese
- 吹chuī - blow
- 風車feng chē - pinwheel
- 太阳tài yáng - sun
- 手镯shǒu zhuó - bracelet
- 熊猫xióng māo - panda
- 跑车pǎo chē - race car
- 茶壶chá hú - teapot
- 泡泡pào pào - bubble
- Kai-Lan: "Oh, Lulu wants to have a special playdate with me."
- Kai-Lan: "Ye-Ye likes our big bubble."
- Ye-Ye: I'll make a special bubble for everyone. Hoho's the youngest, so I'll blow him a bubble first.
- Hoho: 是我.
- Ye-Ye: This one is for Tolee.
- Tolee: 一直熊猫.
- Ye-Ye: Now Rintoo.
- Rintoo 一辆跑车.
- Ye-Ye: Lulu, ready? Here you go.
- Lulu: 一把茶壶.
- Ye-Ye: Here, Kai-Lan. This one is for you.
- Kai-Lan: Ooh, what does that bubble look like? A dinosaur, yeah! I love dinosaurs.
- Kai-Lan: Lulu, guess what. I made something special for you. 風車.
- Lulu: 我好喜欢風車.
- Kai-Lan: Lulu really likes pinwheels.
- Lulu: 我可以吹它嗎?
- Kai-Lan: 可以. 吹.
- Lulu: It's beautiful. 謝謝, Kai-Lan. Look, I made something for you too.
- Kai-Lan: Oh, 恐龍手镯. Lulu knows I really like dinosaurs. 謝謝, Lulu.
- Ye-Ye: Lulu. 你好.
- Lulu: 你好, Ye-Ye.
- Rintoo: Yes! I love bubbles!
- Kai-Lan: We're ready for bubbles.
- Ye-Ye: Here we go.
- Kai-Lan: 吹!
- Hoho: 泡泡! 泡泡! 泡泡!
- In this episode, Rintoo and Tolee do not really appear until the middle of the episode. Hoho does not appear until the near end of the episode.
- This episode marks the second appearance of Howard the owl.
- Kai-Lan and Lulu make a very humongous soap and water bubble in this episode. As such, they also popped their bubble by bouncing up and down together.
|Dragonboat Festival | Twirly Whirly Flyers | Tolee's Rhyme Time | The Ant Playground | Wait, Hoho, Wait! | Kai-Lan's Campout | Happy Chinese New Year! | Everybody's Hat Parade | The Snowiest Ride | Safari Pals | Rain or Shine | Beach Day | Sports Day | Kai-Lan's Carnival | Roller Rintoo | Lulu Day | Hoho's Big Flight | Ni Hao, Halloween|