|Ni Hao, Halloween|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||September 9, 2008|
Happy Chinese New Year!
Ni Hao, Halloween is the twelfth episode of the first season of Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. The epsiode aired on October 28, 2008. In this episode, Kai-Lan and her friends are going trick-or-treating. But the plans are ruined when Rintoo trips on a rock and sprains his ankle. His friends have to help him so that everyone can go trick-or-treating.
Words in Mandarin Chinese
- 跳tiáo - jump
- 糖táng - sugar
- 孫悟空Sun Wukong - Monkey King
- 哭泣Kūqì - Sob
- Ye-Ye: "Let's see if you jump over these pumpkins."
- Rintoo: "Awesome! I can't wait! Oof!"
- Ye-Ye: "Rintoo, are you okay?"
- Rintoo: "Ouch, my ankle hurts! I can't stand on it. Ouch."
- Ye-Ye: "And, don't worry. You'll be able to walk around in the morning."
- Rintoo: "In the morning? But if I can't walk around tonight, then I can't go trick-or-treating tonight. I can't...... I can't........... I CAN"T GO TRICK-OR-TREATING?????!!!!!!" [sobbing]
- Kai-Lan: "Rintoo, what's wrong?"
- Tolee: "Kai-Lan, you knocked over the Hula Ducks' jack-o-lantern."
- Rintoo: "I love Halloween!"
- The Monkey King, who is Kai-Lan's most ever very favorite superhero friend, happens to be first mentioned in this episode. The real Monkey King character appeared in the hour-long specials, Princess Kai-Lan and Journey to Monkey King Castle.
- This episode happens to be the very first episode where someone has ever gotten hurt.
- This is also the first episode where someone has ever cried in.